Saturday, April 3, 2010

Choosing to Disagree

A most sincere thank you to all of you who commented on my last post.  Your sweet thoughts have been extremely encouraging.  Sadly, however, my name was not on the list of scholarship winners that were posted early Friday morning.  I had no idea going into this how disappointed I'd be if I didn't win the scholarship.  It's probably a good thing I didn't think that far head, or the fear of failure might have actually kept me from applying :-)  Truth be told, not being awarded the scholarship sent me into a tailspin of agreements with the Father of Lies:

"I'm not good enough."
"No one wants to hear what I have to say anyway."
"How foolish of me to think God might use me in this way!"

I wrestled with these accusations most of the day and nearly met my defeat.  Then it occurred to me:  It was Good Friday.  Isn't this the very reason we commemorate Good Friday and celebrate Easter Sunday?!?!

I am so precious, so valuable to God -- the very Creator of the vast and awesome universe -- that He sacrificed His only son so that I could spend the rest of eternity wrapped in His presence.  So I am choosing this day to disagree with the Father of Lies.  He is not my father.  My Father loves me and encourages me through His truths.  "My gracious favor is all you need.  My power works best in your weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9 - NLT)

His gracious favor is upon me.  And His gracious favor is upon you, too.  May this knowledge give you every reason to celebrate with me this weekend.  Have a joyous Easter!

4 comments:

  1. A good lesson and a good word, Amy. Have a wonderful resurrection celebration. He is alive!
    Love,

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your struggles -- as I find myself in this place often. Most of the time the results are disappointing, yet God continues to turn my eyes to the opportunities. I'm certain HE's training me towards the possibility: not the reward.
    God bless you, Amy! Continue to set your sites. HE is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I so know what are are talking about. I am sending you a link for a great 19 min talk that really touches on this very thing and it was delivered by a writer as well. Keep writing and striving to learn and dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I am disappointed with you - but know that God must have a better plan. Thank you for your honest sharing and trusting in our Faithful Lord.

    ReplyDelete