Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Top 10 Things I am Thankful for this Week...

  1.  My little house on the YWAM Arusha base, where we can retreat, invite friends, and build relationships.
  2. That when I turn on the faucet, water USUALLY comes out.
  3. That when I turn on the light-switch, the lights USUALLY come on.
  4. That my toilet has a seat.
  5. That we have a propane stove to heat water for dishes and bathing.
  6. That our new friend, Upendo, has become our guardian angel, bringing us little (and big!) treats that we can share with others (like today’s lunch of BBQ pork ribs and SALAD!!).
  7. That in America, when we have beef for dinner, we haven’t first seen it tied to a tree and moo-ing; then later, down on the grass getting skinned; then later still, in recognizable chunks all over the kitchen.
  8. That I have been given fewer work duties each week, so that I can spend more time with my children.
  9. That I have my family here with me (all the other students are here alone).
  10. That God is doing a work IN us, so that He can work THROUGH us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment